BIKE RACING AROUND THE WORLD

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Strava Strava Strava

I don't endorse a lot of products or services but when it comes to Strava, I cannot contain myself.   Yes, I am a PREMIUM member and I pay a whopping $60/year.   Teenie also subscribes.

The service has replaced my use of Training Peaks, WKO+, Connect Garmin and a power meter.   Sure, it does not quite touch all the bases but it touches enough for me to consolidate in one space.

It also does much more than just replace these competitors.  It is the Facebook of cycling.......a dynamic way to keep up with folks all over the globe.  It lets you benchmark your performance against the world or just your AG/Gender.  Nothing in the market allows for the building of community in this manner.......if you are a team and you don't fully subscribe, shame on you.

Now, it has taken another step with MY ROUTES...........goodbye Mapmyride, Bike Route Toaster, Ridewithgps and so on.  You use Google maps to create routes, spots SEGMENTS, and export to your GPS device.

To get started with Strava, you need zero money and only a smart phone.   Forget having to even buy a Garmin, although it interfaces wonderfully with the devices from said company.  Sure the FREE service is just fraction of the full enchilada but it will give you an idea of the wonderful things in store when you bust out and upgrade.

If you don't try this service, you might me missing one of most delightful new tech offerings in a long time.

www.strava.com

No comments:

Post a Comment