BIKE RACING AROUND THE WORLD

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Taking Some Time Off

Taking off has always been a sticky subject with me.   I have been long called intense and obsessive and how I deal with time off could add fuel to accusations.  I just don't like to do it.

You see, I love to ride.   There is little I would rather do.   I have a serious habit of riding and have always been a habitual person.   This ability to form a habit quickly and it be super strong, was really tough on me in the past.   However, once I figured it out, I just started 'picking' my habits.   It has since become a powerful tool.  Well, so much for the jag on habits.

I always feel inadequate about this because we have it drilled into us that we really need time off?

In fact, I am taking some time off this week in New Hampshire…..well sort of.   I have no bike and it is snowing.   I did do Crossfit the morning after flying in at midnight.   Tomorrow, I am planning a workout on with Teenie and a short 30 minute run after…..Crossfit guys are eatin' turkey.   Back in Crossfit on Friday.  I am off the bike, right?

I love seeing my fam here and we are having loads of fun, make no mistake about that. 

I just get 'a little out of sorts' when I am sedentary.

Ok, I am out of the closet now…….it would be interesting to know if there are others out there like me??

  




No comments:

Post a Comment